We have developed this policy because you are entitled to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information. We have appropriate security precautions in place to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration of all data under our control. Our security arrangements and policies are regularly reviewed and access to our records is restricted to authorized personnel.
Collection of Personal Information
• If you enter into any of our competitions or promotions, we may ask for information about you, which will be made clear at the time you enter. We will also inform you of the purposes for which the information you provide may be used.
• You may be required to register in order to use the IPC Portal and certain other areas within the Web Sites, and in the course of the registration process you may provide your name, address, email address and other personal information. We will use this information to provide newsletters and other information you have requested, and to help us better target our other marketing activities.
Location of Data
Regardless of where you are located, the Web Sites collect, process and store information in databases located in the United States of America. By submitting any personal information you agree to it being transferred to the USA and to it being stored and processed there. Information may also be transferred to our other offices or processed by third parties acting on our behalf. These locations may be outside the European Economic Area.
Sharing of Data
• The Web Sites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). In the course of using Google Analytics, we transmit to Google information we collect from you and about your visit to the Web Sites. Google uses the information we collect for the purpose of evaluating our visitors’ use of the Web Sites, compiling reports for us, and providing other services relating to use of our Web Sites. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google has committed that it will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
• A "cookie" is a text file which is allocated by our server to your personal computer (PC) when you visit areas of the Web Sites. If you want to know more about cookies please go to www.aboutcookies.org which explains how cookies work and how you can manage their use. We use "cookies" to collect information from visitors to the Web Sites and registered customers.
• Our servers use two different types of cookies. The first type is known as a "session-based" cookie and is allocated to your PC only for the duration of your visit to the Web Sites. It helps you to move around the website faster. This cookie automatically expires when you close down your browser.
• The second type of cookie known as a "persistent" cookie allocated to your PC, where we can oversee all the activities that you have carried out on our Web sites and will remain on your PC for a period of time.
• We do not store information regarding your telephone number, account or payment details in the cookie, and this information cannot be accessed using it. IPC´s cookies do not collect any information regarding the use of your PC or your Internet browsing in any way.
• Please note that as the cookie is based on your PC, we will not find it if you visit the Web Sites using a different PC to the one you registered on.
• All types of cookies can be removed from your PC, but you may not be able to use the full functionality o the Web Sites and there may be some deterioration in the service you receive (for example, you may receive many pop up boxes containing the same advertisements or you may not be able to access a page you earlier personalized).
Access to Personal Information
Certain privacy laws entitle you to access the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies rectified. Where you are entitled to do so, any request for access to personal information may be subject to the payment of a fee.